The aim of this module is to give you a thorough understanding of how private equity functions as an asset class, including the different sub-classes it contains and how its returns are earned, measured and analysed.
During the module, you’ll also cover areas such as venture, capital, due diligence, and planning an investment programme.
Through this module, you’ll be able to:
- Model and analyse buyout returns and analyse venture returns
- Gain a thorough understanding of the drivers of returns in the different private equity categories
- Segment private equity funds by size, sector, stage and geography
- Plan and implement a private equity fund programme
- Understand the main documentation used in the private equity industry
- Consider the ethical implications of the PE model